Companies are always brainstorming for the best things to do and the best events for the company to get together, but it is in these situations that old proves to be gold. This may not be anything new in the world of entertainment, but it is one idea that has constantly found favor with many companies and it remains as one of the most popular corporate events for many organizations. Think about it. Where else can you get all your employees and their families to get together to have fun, food and entertainment without shelling out this year’s profits?
Here are a few reasons to help you make your decision on why company picnics are such a great idea:
- Boosts Morale: This is a great informal time for employees to interact with each other outside of a formal work atmosphere and gives them the opportunity to meet other co-workers who they may not have met. Also, this shows an appreciation from the Company’s side for their employees. When you host events where you invite the employees and their families, it also gives them an opportunity to show off their colleagues and their company to their loved ones.
- Space: It goes without saying that if you are planning to host an event for all your employees and their families; the head count could fall into the hundreds if not more. Even if your pockets are deep, there are very few venues that cater to such numbers. If you do find a venue willing or able to accommodate that number, then you are guaranteed to be charged an astronomical amount. If you plan a picnic, it is generally held outdoors, so the question of space becomes a redundant point.
- Food and Snacks: This is the main component of any picnic. If your food is good, people go home happy, if you have enough, your employees are happy. However, if your food is inadequate, people will leave the picnic dissatisfied. You don’t have to invest in a culinary fest or think of elaborate menus. A simply barbecue would do well, accompanied by salads and simple sandwiches. Something as simple as coleslaw tastes better at a picnic. The best thing about picnics is that you serve up whatever you like – it all depends upon you and your budget.
- Entertainment: Everyone comes to a picnic to have fun. This is not a place for meetings and boring discussions. Arrange for certain entertainments for the children in the party, as well as entertainment for the adults alike. Think of hiring a clown or two, magicians, fun games like dunk tanks and more. The only thing that limits you is your imagination.
Timing: The great thing about picnics is that people can come and go whenever they want. This open house format works great for everyone. This way you don’t have to worry about getting there at a certain time – just go with the flow.
- Casual: This is a great time to let your hair loose and allows people to relax.
- Location: Think of a location that is close to work so that you can check out the location easily before finalizing the area. The less that people have to commute or have to figure the route to is better, because if it gets too complicated to reach the venue, they may just decide to not show up.
- Child Friendly: Not every employee may have kids but for those who do, this is the perfect opportunity to include family members in a way that will be appreciated by everyone as outdoors entertainment will be easy to organize.